Screw is the most common type of fixing device in daily life. Usually it is used for fastening. Of course, it is hoped that it will be tightened, but it also adds some trouble to the subsequent maintenance technicians. When the screw is severely rusted, it is difficult to use a wrench to screw it down. For this reason, the workers will use various methods such as knocking, dripping, burning, punching, welding, foaming, and the like.
First of all, let’s talk to you about several commonly used methods:
Method one: knock
Severely rusted screws should not be hardened with a wrench to prevent them from slipping and cornering, twisting the screws or screwing the wrench. At this point, you can tap the handle of the wrench with a hammer, and the rusted screws will often loosen to unscrew.
Method two: drop
If the screw is not severely rusted, you can try to drip first. If you can’t open it, you can drop a little oil or vegetable oil along the gap between the screw and the nut. With wire cutters and wrenches, you can easily unscrew it. (The oil does not work for rusted screws and will affect disassembly)
Method three: burn
Some screws are severely rusted and can be fire attacked. step:
- (1) Fully grill the screws and nuts with a gas welding flame.
- (2) Then apply oil or sewing machine oil to the red-hot screw.
- (3) The screw is heated and expanded, and the rust between the screw and the nut is squeezed to increase the gap. After the oil drops, the screw shrinks rapidly and cools, and the gap between the screw and the nut is further increased. After the oil flows in, the screw can be unscrewed. Note that this method should be used with caution for screws with plastic parts nearby, and the screws that have been burned should not be reused.
Method four: rush
Some of the tops of the screws are deformed by a word or cross, which cannot be removed with a screwdriver, a wrench or a wire cutter. The impact method can be used. step:
- (1) First, use a hammer and a flat-blade screwdriver to impact a V-shaped groove on the vertical surface of the top of the screw;
- (2) Then adjust the angle of the flat-blade screwdriver to impact in the direction in which the thread is unscrewed;
- (3) After the screw is loosened, the screw can be screwed out with a wire cutter.
Recommended for everyone is a very practical method – induction heating
This method is simple to operate and is suitable for the disassembly or installation of various metal parts, such as drive parts, bearings, housings, gears, bolts, nuts, pipe fittings and small parts. It is versatile and suitable for use in confined spaces. Moreover, the local heating can be accurately performed, so that the area outside the heated workpiece still retains the original temperature; and the heated workpiece is expanded and loosened, which is convenient for disassembly or installation. Especially for bolts and nuts, this is the most ideal solution.
When bolts and nuts are stuck, the traditional method is nothing more than cutting or gun heating. However, whether it is cutting or gun heating, the resulting open flame or spark is likely to cause greater danger or damage to other parts, or local area pollution, and this inductive heating is not only faster, but also safer. And it will not cause any pollution.
Source: China Stainless Steel Fasteners Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited (www.yaang.com)