Zhejiang Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited is a leading manufacturer and supplier of nickel alloy and stainless steel products, including Super Duplex Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Flanges, Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings, Stainless Steel Pipe. Stainless steel 310/310S is an austenitic heat resistant alloy having high resistance to oxidation under mildly cyclic conditions through 2000ºF.
This steel has a high nickel and chromium content that offers comparable corrosion resistance, high resistance to oxidation and retention of larger fraction of room temperature strength than the common austenitic alloys like Type 304. Stainless 310 is often used at cryogenic temperatures, with excellent toughness to -450°F, and low magnetic permeability.
- 1 Chemical Composition
- 2 310 UNS S31000 Chemical Composition, %
- 3 310S UNS S31008 Chemical Composition, %
- 4 Forms of 310/310S Stainless Steel
- 5 Properties of 310/310S Stainless Steel
- 6 Mechanical Properties
- 7 Representative Tensile Properties
- 8 Typical Creep-Rupture Properties
- 9 Fabrication with Stainless Steel 310/310S
- 10 Typical Applications for 310/310S Stainless Steel
310 UNS S31000 Chemical Composition, %
The chemical composition of 310UNS S31000 is:
|24.0-26.0||19.2-22.0||.25 Max||1.50 Max||2.00 Max||.045 Max||.03 Max||.75 Max||.50 Max||Balance|
310S UNS S31008 Chemical Composition, %
|24.0-26.0||19.2-22.0||.08 Max||1.50 Max||2.00 Max||.045 Max||.03 Max||.75 Max||.50 Max||Balance|
Forms of 310/310S Stainless Steel
The forms of 310/310S stainless steel are:
- Stainless Steel Pipe & Tube
- Fittings (i.e. flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lap joints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
- Weld Wire.
Properties of 310/310S Stainless Steel
The properties of 310/310S stainless steel are:
- Oxidation resistance to 2000°F
- Moderate strength at high temperature
- Resistance to hot corrosion
- Strength and toughness at cryogenic temperatures.
Representative Tensile Properties
|Ultimate Tensile Strength, ksi||.2% Yield Strength, ksi||Elongation Percent|
Typical Creep-Rupture Properties
|Temperature, °F||Minimum Creep 0.0001%/hr, ksi||100,000 Hour Rupture Strength, ksi|
Fabrication with Stainless Steel 310/310S
Type 310/310S is readily fabricated by standard commercial procedures. In comparison to carbon steel, stainless steels are tougher and tend to work harden rapidly. Type 310/310S can be welded using all of the common welding processes.
Typical Applications for 310/310S Stainless Steel
The applications of 310/310S stainless steel are:
- Heat exchangers
- Furnace parts, conveyor belts, rollers, oven linings, fans
- Food processing equipment
- Cryogenic structures
- Stainless Steel U Tube
- Muffles, retorts, annealing covers
- Tube hangers for petroleum refiing and steam boilers
- Coal gasifier internal components
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Zhejiang Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited.
For more information on this source, please visit Yaang.