Home / Metals / Mexico auto production and exports hit record highs
Stainless Steel Flanges

Mexico auto production and exports hit record highs

Mexico’s auto production and exports in the first seven months of 2014 hit record highs, rising 7.5% and 11.2%, respectively, from the same period of last year.

The AMIA industry association said that both output and exports of light vehicles climbed to historically high levels, both for the month and the cumulative January-July period.

In the first seven months, automakers manufactured 1.85 million vehicles, 83.1% of which correspond to units destined for export and the remaining 16.9% for the domestic market.

A total of 1.5 million vehicles were exported during that same period, 71.5% of them to the United States.

Domestic sales grew just 1.3% to 596,571 units in the year’s first seven months.

Automakers operating in Mexico not only sell the vehicles they assemble in the Latin American country, but also those imported from subsidiaries in other regions of the world.

Between January and July, the biggest-selling car brands in Mexico were Nissan (151,106 vehicles), General Motors (115,419) and Volkswagen (88,798).

In July, auto production rose 8.5% from the same month of last year to 259,634 units, while exports climbed 20.2% to 231,934 vehicles.

Source – laht.com

(www.nctv.net)

About www.nctv.net

www.yaang.com provide a wide range of steel products as Steel pipe, Steel pipes and seamless pipes, Alloy pipes, Pipe fittings, Composite steel pipe used in the industry, construction etc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Scroll To Top