In High Frequency Welded (HFW) pipe production process, hot rolled steel coils are fed with a high capacity accumulator in order to achieve continuous welding.
Coil edges are milled using carbide cutters in order to assure a high quality weld. Coils are then formed by cold forming method using a set of cage rolls and fin passes, and then joined using high frequency currents using induction or alternatively conduction methods.
up to 26in. OD, with wall thickness up to 1in. (world’s largest)
HFW welded steel pipes are widely preferred in Oil, Natural Gas, Water and other liquids transportation and distribution lines, heating, cooling, ventilation piping and steel structures for construction and other general purposes by means of precise production tolerances and high capacity manufacturing method.
YaangSteel is able to manufacture and supply high frequency welded pipes up to 16 m. in unit length.
Coating mills apply pipe coatings to protect the line pipe from corrosion. Often, the coating mill is located adjacent to the pipe mill, so line pipe moves directly from the pipe manufacturer to the coating facility.
- testing facilities for fracture mechanics studies
- corrosion & metallurgical test equipment
- non-destructive testing
- process advice & troubleshooting
- tailored training courses
- Capability to manufacture pipes as per API 5L Grade API X-80 or equivalent
- All testing facilities in-house to meet International Standards