spiral wound gaskets have been used more and more widely in modern industry. In order to ensure a safer environment and avoid unnecessary accidents, Yaang recommends not to ignore spiral wound gaskets.
- 1. Select the gasket according to the working conditions of the spiral wound gasket and the flange sealing surface type.
- 2. For the gaskets of the production enterprises that are sound and effective in the quality management system, it is best to use the metal-wound gaskets of the enterprises with valid type test reports.
- 3. The surface of the spiral wound gasket main body is not allowed to have flaws, voids, irregularities and rust spots that affect the sealing performance. The non-metallic strip on the surface of the spiral wound gasket should be evenly and appropriately raised beyond the metal strip. The texture between the layers should be clear, but the metal strip should not be exposed. The spacing of the solder joints of the spiral wound gasket should be uniform, and there should be no defects such as unfusion or over-melting. The surface of the reinforcing ring shall be free from defects such as burrs, irregularities, rust spots, etc. The spacing between the upper and lower sealing surfaces of the spiral wound gasket main body and the upper and lower surfaces of the reinforcing ring shall be equal. The inner side of the reinforcing ring and the gasket main body shall be tightly fixed and shall not be loosened; The ring and the spiral wound gasket body should be positioned and loosened properly.
- 4. Compression ratio, rebound rate and sealing performance are important performance indicators of the gasket. Generally speaking, under the premise of meeting the compression ratio requirements, the higher the rebound rate, the better; and meet the requirements of the rebound rate standard. Under the premise, the test value of the compression ratio is also larger. spiral wound gaskets with good sealing performance, moderate compression ratio and maximum resilience should be selected.
- 1. Carefully check the quality of flanges, bolts, nuts and gaskets before installation, carefully check the installation of flanges or interfaces, and have defects such as eccentricity, misalignment, opening, and wrong holes.
- 2. The surface of the flange or sealing part must be cleaned. The surface of the spiral wound gasket and the bolts and threads are not allowed to adhere to mechanical impurities.
- 3, spiral wound gasket can not be biased, should ensure uniform pressure.
- 4. When the nut is tightened, the applied force is uniform, and the bolt should be symmetrically evenly divided into 2 to 3 times to make the spiral wound gasket evenly pressed.