ASTM A53 pipe (also referred to as ASME SA53 pipe) is intended for mechanical and pressure applications and is also acceptable for ordinary uses in steam, water, gas, and air lines. It is suitable for welding, and suitable for forming operations involving coiling, bending, and flanging, subject to certain qualifications.The steel for both seamless and welded pipe shall be made by one or more of the following processes: open-hearth, electric furnace, or basic-oxygen. The weld seam of electric-resistance welded pipe in Grade B shall be heat treated after welding.
A53 pipe comes in three types and two grades,
- A53 Type F, which is longitudinally furnace butt welded or continuous welded (Grade A only)
- A53 Type E, which is longitudinally electric resistance welded (Grades A and B)
- A53 Type S, which is seamless pipe, produced by hot working, and possibly cold finishing, the steel (Grades A and B). ASTM A53, Type S is now currently an outdated specification and has been replaced by ASTM A106 specification for seamless carbon steel pipe.
Pipe, Steel, Black and Hot-Dipped, Zinc-Coated, Welded and Seamless.
Standards: ASTM A53/53M (ASME SA53/SA53M)
- Size (mm):Outer Dimensions.: 6.0mm ~ 180 mm
- Wall Thickness:1.mm ~ 30 mm
- Length: max 12000mm
Application: For mechanical and pressure use, and also for transporting steam, water, gas and etc.
Mill test certificates will be issued according to EN10204/3.1B
Steel grade: Grade.A; Grade.B .
Packing: Bare packing/bundle packing/crate packing/wooden protection at the both sides of tubes and suitably protected for sea-worthly delivery or as requested.
Both ends of each tube will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
- DN — Nominal Diameter
- NPS —Nominal Pipe Size
| C|| Si|| Mn|| P|| S|| Cr|| Mo|| Cu|| Ni|| V|
| A|| ≤0.25|| /|| ≤0.95|| ≤0.05|| ≤0.045|| ≤0.40|| ≤0.15|| ≤0.40|| ≤0.40|| ≤0.08|
| B|| ≤0.30|| /|| ≤1.20|| ≤0.05|| ≤0.045|| ≤0.40|| ≤0.15|| ≤0.50|| ≤0.40|| ≤0.08|
| Grade|| Yield Strength (Mpa)|| Tensile Strength (Mpa)|| Elongation (%)|
| A|| ≥205|| ≥330|| 20|
| B|| ≥240|| ≥415|| 20|