ASTM A519 Seamless Carbon and Alloy Steel Mechanical Tubing applicated for mechanical and pressure use,and also for transporting steam,water,gas and etc.
ASTM A519 specification covers for several grades of carbon and alloy steel mechanical tubing, either hot-finished or cold-finished. Usage for Seamless carbon and Alloy Steel Mechanical Tubing.
- For mechanical engineering
- For mechanical and pressure use,and also for transporting steam,water,gas and etc.
- Out diameter:10-324mm
- Wall Tickness:1-30mm
- Length：14000mm max
- 4130, 4140, 4142 Pipe and Tube Specifications
This specification covers for several grades of carbon and alloy steel mechanical tubing, either hot-finished or cold-finished. The steel used in the mechanical tubing may be cast in ingots or may be strand cast. When steel of different grades is sequentially strand cast, identification of the resultant transition material is required. The seamless tubing is a tubular product made without a welded seam. It is usually manufactured by hot working steel, and if necessary, by subsequently cold finishing the hot-worked tubular product to produce the desired shape, dimensions and properties. The tubes shall be furnished in the following shapes: round, square, rectangular and special sections. Heat analysis shall be made to determine the percentages of the elements specified. If secondary melting processes are used, the heat analysis shall be obtained from one remelted ingot or the product of one remelted ingot of each primary melt. The tubing shall be coated with a film of oil before shaping to retard rust when specified
This abstract is a brief summary of the referenced standard. It is informational only and not an official part of the standard; the full text of the standard itself must be referred to for its use and application. ASTM does not give any warranty express or implied or make any representation that the contents of this abstract are accurate, complete or up to date.
- This specification covers several grades of carbon and alloy steel seamless mechanical tubing. The grades are listed in Tables 1-3. When welding is used for joining the weldable mechanical tube grades, the welding procedure shall be suitable for the grade, the condition of the components, and the intended service.
- This specification covers both seamless hot-finished mechanical tubing and seamless cold-finished mechanical tubing in sizes up to and including 12 3/4 in. (323.8 mm) outside diameter for round tubes with wall thicknesses as required.
- The tubes shall be furnished in the following shapes, as specified by the purchaser: round, square, rectangular, and special sections.
- Supplementary requirements of an optional nature are provided and when desired shall be so stated in the order.
- The values stated in inch-pound units are to be regarded as the standard. The values given in parentheses are for information only.
Grade and Chemical Composition (%)
|GRADE||CONDITION||TENSIL STRENGTH（MPA）||YIELD STRENGTH(MPA)||ELONGATION%|