ASTM A210 is the standard covers seamless medium-carbon steel boiler and superheater tubes. ASTM A210 also covers minimum-wall-thickness, tubing sizes, boiler flues including safe ends, arch and stay tubes. ASTM A210 provides tensile and hardness properties but only applicable to certain size limitations. Material manufacturing shall be killed. Tubes shall be made by seamless process, marked as either hot-finished or cold-finished. Surface condition shall be specifically stated in the order. Chemical composition shall conform to the requirements. Elemental composition other than listed here shall not be permitted. Tension test, flattening test, flaring test, hardness test, hydrostatic or nondestructive electric test shall be made on specimens. Superheater tubes shall be formed without defects and shall withstand expansion, beading, forging, welding, and bending.
This abstract is a brief summary of the referenced standard. It is informational only and not an official part of the standard; the full text of the standard itself must be referred to for its use and application. ASTM does not give any warranty express or implied or make any representation that the contents of this abstract are accurate, complete or up to date.
- This specification covers minimum-wall-thickness, seamless medium-carbon steel,boiler tubes and boiler flues, including safe ends (see Note 1), arch and stay tubes, and superheater tubes.
- Note 1—This type is not suitable for safe ending by forge welding.
- The tubing sizes and thicknesses usually furnished to this specification are ½ in. to 5 in. [12.7 to 127 mm] in outside diameter and 0.035 to 0.500 in. [0.9 to 12.7 mm], inclusive, in minimum wall thickness. Tubing having other dimensions may be furnished, provided such tubes comply with all other requirements of this specification.
- Mechanical property requirements do not apply to tubing smaller than 1/8 in. [3.2 mm] in inside diameter or 0.015 in. [0.4 mm] in thickness.
- The values stated in either inch-pound units or SI units are to be regarded separately as standard. Within the text, the SI units are shown in brackets. The values stated in each system are not exact equivalents; therefore, each system must be used independently of the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in nonconformance with the specification. The inch-pound units shall apply unless the “M” designation of this specification is specified in the order.
|Grade||Tensile Strength(Mpa)||Yield Strength(Mpa)||Elongation (%)|
|A1||≥ 415||≥ 255||≥ 30|
|C||≥ 485||≥ 275||≥ 30|
- Annealed, Normalized, Normalized and Tempered
- Oil-dip, Varnish, Passivation, Phosphating, Shot Blasting
- For high, middle, low pressure boiler and pressure purpose