The galvanized flange is designed to prevent corrosion of the flange surface and prolong its service life. The surface of the flange is coated with a layer of metallic zinc. This zinc-coated flange is called a galvanized flange. Galvanized flanges can be divided into: hot dip galvanized flanges, alloyed galvanized flanges, and galvanized flanges according to production and processing methods. The galvanized flange has a smooth appearance, no zinc, burr, silver white; the thickness is controllable, no hydrogen embrittlement, no temperature hazard, can ensure the mechanical properties of the material, corrosion resistance, surface oxidation resistance, Wear-resistant, easy to operate and easy to install. Galvanized flanges are widely used in pipelines in petroleum, chemical, food, dairy, pharmaceutical, machinery manufacturing, sewage treatment, municipal water supply pipelines, medical and other industries.
Advantages of hot-dip galvanized flanges:
- Processing cost paper: The cost of hot dip galvanizing rust is lower than that of other paint coatings;
- Durable: in the suburban environment, the standard hot-dip galvanizing rust thickness can be maintained for more than 50 years without repair; in urban or offshore areas, the standard hot-dip galvanized rust layer can be maintained for 20 years No need to mend;
- Good reliability: the galvanized layer and the steel are metallurgically combined and become a part of the steel surface, so the durability of the coating is relatively reliable;
- Strong toughness of the coating: The galvanized layer forms a special metallurgical structure that can withstand mechanical damage during transportation and use;
- Comprehensive protection: each part of the plated parts can be plated with zinc, even in the depressions, sharp corners and hidden places can be fully protected;
- Save time and effort: galvanizing process is faster than other coating construction methods, and can avoid the time required for painting on the construction site after installation;
Hot-dip galvanizing is an effective metal anti-corrosion method, mainly used in metal structure facilities of various industries. The rust-removed steel is immersed in a zinc solution melted at about 500 ° C to adhere the zinc layer to the surface of the steel member, thereby preserving the corrosion. The anti-corrosion period of hot-dip galvanizing is long, but the years of anti-corrosion are different in different environments: heavy industry area 13 years, ocean 50 years, suburbs 104 years, city 30 years.
Source: China Stainless Steel Flanges Manufacturer – Yaang Pipe Industry Co., Limited (www.yaang.com)